Here are 40 things I've learned from 2010:
- Waiting can be either futile or very rewarding; it depends on what you're doing exactly while you're waiting.
- It's through the hard times that the true colors of people show.
- Some people are very messed-up within... no matter how they pretend otherwise.
- Don't expect much from others; only expect from God and then yourself.
- If you don't want something or someone with all your heart, then don't bother.
- If you need to get away from people, travel... and if there's no one to go with you, travel alone and have fun!
- When you're up, your friends get to know who you are; when you're down, you get to know who your friends are.
- People don't really change; unless they very much want to and do it themselves, but you can't change anyone.
- Some things are just not meant to happen no matter how hard you try or how badly you want them.
- And sometimes there are no explanations for that.
- Listen to your intuition and trust your instincts more often.
- Don't settle for less; the moment you settle for less than you deserve, you get even less than you settled for.
- Contentment or gratitude is one of the best gifts in life.
- Soulmates and true love do exist whether you believe they do or not.
- Stay away from people who drain your energy and time in vain.
- You're and always have been good enough; don't make anyone tell you otherwise.
- If they do, see #15.
- You can choose to be either average or exceptional; it's your choice, really.
- Don't make the same mistake twice. If you do, then don't make it three times.
- Smile. A lot.
- Don't believe everything you're told.
- Actions speak much louder than words.
- When somebody tells you they know and want what's best for you, this usually means they want you to do what they say without arguments.
- Blaming others for your problems will never solve anything; take responsibility and act accordingly.
- Read; dance; and sing a lot.
- Depend more on yourself and less on other people.
- Learn to enjoy activities by yourself.
- Don't use mobile phones often.
- Forgiveness does you more well than the person you're forgiving.
- Learn to let go of people/possessions/circumstances that are causing you harm.
- Show more appreciation and love to those you love and care about.
- If you're married or in a relationship, be more romantic and attentive to your husband/partner.
- If you're single, be more attentive and loving to yourself.
- Write a love letter to your husband every now and then.
- If you're single, pretend you're with the love of your life and write a letter from him/her to you.
- You can be your own hero or heroine.
- Don't regret making mistakes; mistakes come from more experiences and those make us more mature.
- Count your blessings; and be grateful for them.
- Solitude is your own retreat from a hectic world.
- Keep smiling. =)
If I could sum up 2010 in one word, I'd say creepy... or freaky.
Please feel free to comment and share your own experiences and memories of 2010.
Happy life-changing, amazing 2011!
© Marwa Ayad
Please remember to share!
Marwa Ayad's Website
Marwa Ayad's Facebook Page
Marwa Ayad's Blog
Follow Marwa on Twitter